Friday, March 25, 2011

Freelancer | Client Loyalty Building

I work with clients who want a brand for their business and a online presence, but don’t have the budget necessary to hire a big commercial firm. It’s gratifying work. These are the types of clients that graphic and web designers love...they’re grateful for personalized service and really appreciate the little extras that I can provide as a freelance web designer.

For instance, in my quest to become the top Victoria web design freelancer, I offer each of my clients 15 minutes per month of tech support, updates or graphic design with their hosting plan. Customers are so used to being charged for every little thing that they often can’t believe that their little update didn’t cost them a thing.

In fact, I have one customer (a salon owner) who promotes a monthly special with a sign on the front counter. Each month she sends me the information, and I do up a professional poster for her - FREE. She thinks I am just below Ghandi in the race for sainthood and tells everyone she knows just that. That $10 freebie gets me all kinds of referrals!

Do you offer ‘extras’ to your clients? Let me know what they are...I might incorporate more into my own business!

No comments:

Post a Comment